Friday, July 2, 2010

sorry i'm a narcotic

so last night, i had this dream that i forget up until a point where i was walking down a dirt road surrounded by fields with the occasional tree. i hop the thick wood fence into a thicket under this cover of a few trees, and i find these blackberries that i used to eat as a kid. they're huge, the biggest i've ever seen, and i pull out my cellphone to take a picture and send them to my dad. i spend a while trying to get the perfect angle, when suddenly someone's at my left. i look up through the hazy field and see an old friend from high school tapping incessantly around the trunk of this really big oak tree, circling it and tapping, circling and tapping. i eat a berry and watch him and he goes, "sorry. i'm a narcotic." i look at him, confused, and he stops and goes up to me and i shove another berry in my mouth.

and then i wake up.

i haven't remembered any dream this well in a while, but i'm confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment