Saturday, May 16, 2009

morose and melancholy

So today was eventful. At around 10 pm we decided to walk the entire length around our campus (which is pretty big, mind you) and so we did. I received a buttercup flower, kicked dandelions around, and yelled things at passing cars. We gave two people directions, got an engine revved at us, and spied on a house. On the way back, we passed the track and decided to lay on the bleachers and look at the stars. I walked down and ran a successful lap on the track, took a breath then ran again, collapsing into the grass soon after. We stared up for a while and just laid there, enjoying the night.

A couple hours later, I sat outside with a boy and spoke softly about our lives, laughed about a movie, then hugged awkwardly at the bus stop.

I don't think I've ever been so sad about leaving a place before.

No comments:

Post a Comment